approval for MFLN Personal Finance webinars expires 3 years after the live event. CEUs are no longer available for this webinar.
For more information and to earn CEUs from more current webinars click here.
For the past five years, Americans have experienced a “perfect storm” of slow economic growth, wage and benefit losses, a sluggish housing market, and high unemployment rates. Tough economic times can result in individuals and families living on the financial edge. Topics covered in this 90-minute webinar include a description of the “financial edge” and how people get there by being pushed or pulled; the concept of living “paycheck to paycheck;” low U.S. savings rates; strategies to deal with unemployment; public health insurance; food assistance; energy assistance; telephone assistance; wage garnishment, foreclosure, credit counseling; individual development accounts (IDAs); disaster assistance; and frauds and scams.
Join the Military Families Learning Network as Dr. Barbara O'Neill presents this 90 minute webinar.
• To connect to this webinar, which is hosted by DoD, you must install security certificates if you are not on a military installation. Instructions for can be found: http://blogs.extension.org/militaryfamilies/files/2012/06/DoCCertificate.pdf
• View the presentation slides here: http://create.extension.org/sites/default/files/LivingonFinancialEdge.pdf
• No registration is required.
• Selected research articles and online resources have been identified to enhance this web conference for participants. These readings are located: http://create.extension.org/sites/default/files/FinancialEdgeBackgrounder.pdf
• Join us on Twitter during the event to share even more resources. Use #MFLNPF
• Review a list of resources shared in this presentation here: http://www.slideshare.net/BarbaraONeill/online-resources-for-financial-education-financial-distress0113
Created by Molly Herndon