Part I Medicaid and Military Families: An Introduction
To access the evaluation and post-test, go to
This module, the first in a three part series, will provide an overview of the Medicaid program. Participants will learn about the overall purposes of the Medicaid program; its relevance to military families, especially those with family members who have special needs. Participants will also learn about the manner in which Medicaid is implemented and variations among the states; and developments currently underway with the program.
*Part II Medicaid & Military Families: Children with Special Needs can be found at: https://learn.extension.org/events/1699
L. Christopher Plein, Ph.D.
Military Families Learning Network - Caregiving Special Needs
Professor of Public Administration
Eberly Family Professor for Outstanding Public Service
West Virginia University
Continuing Education (CE) Credit OR Certificate of Completion
- The eXtension Military Caregiving concentration has applied for 1.00 CE credit from the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). A certificate of completion will also be available.
- For a complete list of Military Caregiving courses that offer CE credit go to: https://extensiononline.tamu.edu/courses/military_caregiving.php
How to Join the Webinar:
- To connect to this webinar, which is hosted by DoD, you must install security certificates if you are not on a military installation. Instructions for can be found:http://www.extension.org/pages/70592
- For those who cannot connect to the Adobe site, an alternative viewing of this webinar will be running on Ustream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/milfamln
- Also you can connect to the Adobe webinars using the iPhone, iPad, and Droid apps. Search for DCO Connect in the respective stores.
- No registration is required.
*The cover photo image [Warfighters celebrate military families
] by the Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System
(DVIDS) is free of known copyright restrictions under U.S. copyright law.
Created by Rachel Brauner