Orientation on eXtension's Catalog
On March 1, 2016 eXtension launched Catalog (http://catalog.extension.org
). The purpose of this site is to provide a clearinghouse or central listing of courses available through Campus (http://campus.extension.org)
as well as courses, webinars, workshops, or ebooks that might be
available throughout the Cooperative Extension System. Further, it
streamlines the process of creating user accounts on Campus, and
accommodates specialized pricing options for fee-based courses and
For example, some features of Catalog include:
- Bulk purchasing (buying multiple seats) in a course with different
levels of pricing; i.e., a lower price per student once you get over a
certain number of seats purchased;
- Bundled courses, where for one fee, a student can gain access to more than one course.
- Invoicing, in which Catalog generates an invoice to the student.
When the payment is received by the eXtension accounting office, a
Catalog administrator "releases" the student to begin accessing the
- Discounted pricing through voucher codes that grant different levels of discount--in either percentage or dollar terms;
- “Buy Now” buttons to facilitate payment of course fees from any other website where the buttons are displayed.
For users, Catalog and Campus share login credentials. However, for
the new user, Catalog simplifies the process of creating a new login
account by eliminating the need for email verification--one of the more
frequent issues we hear about on the help desk.
At 10:00 a.m. CST on March 9 (next week Wednesday), I will conduct an
orientation session or tour of Catalog and its various features, as
well as discuss the process by which you can get educational offerings
listed on the site. I invite you to a Zoom session (a web conference)
as described in the location for this event.
Created by Lawrence Lippke