Welcome to the ESP (Epsilon Sigma Phi) Public Issues Committee's “Diversity Awareness Webinar Series”
Please join us for a series of FREE webinars covering diversity issues related to our Extension programming.
Presenter: Katie Conrad, M.S.
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Child & Family Studies
University of Tennessee Knoxville
Ann Allgood Berry, Ph.D.
Professor & Consumer Economics Specialist
Department of Family & Consumer Sciences, University of Tennessee Knoxville
Paul Lachapelle, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Extension Community Development Specialist
Department of Political Science, Montana State University
Description: This webinar will provide an overview of diversity-related materials and opportunities in Tennessee and Montana. Conrad will describe a new publication titled ”Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Youth and Families: An Informational Guide for Agents” and discuss how this and other empirically-based materials can be used to facilitate attitudes, knowledge, and professional work with the LGBTQIQ community. Berry will bridge this discussion to Extension agents and faculty. Lachapelle will describe a recent “Safe Zone” training for extension faculty and staff; The Safe Zone program increases awareness and acceptance of LGBTQIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, questioning) individuals. Safe Zone Allies are dedicated to supporting members of our community who identify within the LGBTQIQ spectrum and offer safe, welcoming places for all members of the community. www.montana.edu/safezone
To join the FREE Webinar:
1. Go to http://msuextensionconnect.org/commdev then:
2. Ensure that the “Enter as a Guest” option is selected and type your Full Name. Then click “Enter Room”.
3. You will listen to the audio via your computer speakers. To call in for questions or comments, dial (605) 477-2100; participant code: 742340#. NOTE: If you phone in, please mute your computer’s speakers to avoid feedback (if you don’t intend to ask questions, you don’t need to phone in and can save the toll charge and listen to the audio on your computer’s speakers).
• If you encounter any technical difficulties before or during the session, please call 406-994-6694 or email email@example.com.
• You can join us on your mobile device: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect/feature-details/adobe-connectmobile.html
If you are not able to join us for the live webinar, we will be recording the session and adding the link to this event listing in Learn. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 994-3620.
Created by Beth Raney