Leading Successful Professional Development Workshops for Lunchroom Staff
Join Erin Sharp, MS, MAT, Curriculum Designer for the Smarter Lunchrooms National Office, as she shares tips for designing, preparing for, and delivering effective professional development workshops for lunchroom staff. She will also review information on the USDA’s Professional Standards for School Nutrition Professionals and how the Smarter Lunchrooms No Time to Train workshops and other materials can satisfy those training requirements.
Learning Objectives: Participants will learn...
• Strategies for planning engaging, organized, timely workshops
• Strategies for setting up an effective learning space
• Strategies for delivering effective, student-centered instruction
• The professional development requirements related to the USDA’s Professional Standards for School Nutrition Professionals
• How Smarter Lunchrooms resources can satisfy professional development requirements