Laura Royer and Brandon Peterson, of the University of Florida and Florida Extension, will present solutions to preventing, alternatives and navigating through foreclosure in this hour and a half web conference for Professional Personal Finance Managers who work with Military Families.
Laura Royer, Extension Faculty, in Family and Consumer Sciences, the University of Florida-IFAS Extension. She holds HUD certifications and provides loan modification counseling.
Brandon Peterson is a Housing Counselor or Co-Coordinator of the Florida Master Money Mentor Program, of Florida's Family, Youth and Community Sciences, also at the University of Florida. Peterson is also HUD-certified.
• A 90-minute presentation on alternatives, prevention, and navigating through the foreclosure process for military families.
• Selling a home during economic downturn, what to do if a home is underwater.
• Understand various foreclosure prevention options
• Identify the appropriate waterfall process when applying options for foreclosure prevention
• Understanding the role of a HUD-approved counselor within this process
• Typical paperwork a client will need to gather when working with the financial institution.
• *AFCPE CEUs: 1.5. Participants wishing to earn CEUs will need to type their first and last name, as registered with AFCPE, into the chat box during the presentation.
• Please join the web conference here, https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/milfam . Log on a few minutes before 11 a.m. EST on Feb. 2 as a guest.
• Selected research articles have been identified to enhance this presentation for participants. Find these articles here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ISTFgYnJx-rfd6bz4iZ5VGLhuaaby2PI0qCzPnDrl7A/edit
The presentation can be downloaded http://blogs.extension.org/militaryfamilies/files/2012/02/Housing-and-Foreclosure-02022012.pdf
* If you were unable to join the live session of this web conference and have viewed this archived session, you may be eligible to receive 1.5 AFCPE CEUs (if AFC or CHC credentialed) by taking a short quiz about this sessions content. To do so, please review these instructions: http://create.extension.org/sites/default/files/campusextensioninstructions.pdf
The Adobe Connect version of the recording is at: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/p3zk6nv9kcl/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
Created by Molly Herndon