Laura Royer and Brandon Peterson, of the University of Florida and Florida Extension, will present solutions to preventing, alternatives and navigating through foreclosure in this hour and a half web conference for Professional Personal Finance Managers who work with Military Families.
Laura Royer, Extension Faculty, in Family and Consumer Sciences, the University of Florida-IFAS Extension. She holds HUD certifications and provides loan modification counseling.
Brandon Peterson is a Housing Counselor or Co-Coordinator of the Florida Master Money Mentor Program, of Florida's Family, Youth and Community Sciences, also at the University of Florida. Peterson is also HUD-certified.
• A 90-minute presentation on alternatives, prevention, and navigating through the foreclosure process for military families.
• Selling a home during economic downturn, what to do if a home is underwater.
• Understand various foreclosure prevention options
• Identify the appropriate waterfall process when applying options for foreclosure prevention
• Understanding the role of a HUD-approved counselor within this process
• Typical paperwork a client will need to gather when working with the financial institution.
• Please join the web conference here, https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/milfam . Log on a few minutes before 11 a.m. EST on Feb. 2 as a guest.
• Selected research articles have been identified to enhance this presentation for participants. Find these articles here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ISTFgYnJx-rfd6bz4iZ5VGLhuaaby2PI0qCzPnDrl7A/edit
The presentation can be downloaded http://blogs.extension.org/militaryfamilies/files/2012/02/Housing-and-Foreclosure-02022012.pdf
The Adobe Connect version of the recording is at: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/p3zk6nv9kcl/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
Created by Molly Herndon