Technology can be a wonderful tool to support military family programs, but keeping up with the latest trends and changes can be overwhelming.
This one hour webinar will explore the following:
• current trends in social networking use amongst adults and teens
• tips and resources for practitioners to use to educate parents on keeping their children safe while online
• social networking strategies for reaching out to military families
No prior registration is necessary. Just visit http://connect.msu.edu/mentoring. Enter the "room" as a guest and type in your name. The web conference will be recorded. The recording will be available at the same link approximately 24 hours after the live event. This presentation is the first in the Technology and Military Family Programs Series. To learn more about the Military Family Learning Network, please visit: http://www.extension.org/militaryfamilies
• Molly Frendo: Michigan State University Extension, Associate Program Leader
Molly works in the areas of volunteer development, educational technology, and youth mentoring for Michigan 4-H Youth Development. She has a Master’s degree in American Culture Studies from Bowling Green State University and is completing a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology Educational Technology from Michigan State University.
• Kendra Moyses: Michigan State University Extension, Associate Program Leader
Kendra works in the areas of early childhood and youth development with special focus on developing life skills and working with military families for Michigan 4-H Youth Development. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education from Ferris State University and a Master’s degree in Administration and Leadership from Central Michigan University.
Kendra Moyses, Molly Frendo
Created by Molly Frendo