Technology can be a wonderful tool to support military families experiencing deployment but can easily feel overwhelming to less experienced individuals. Many families have access to tools that can help them better connect to their loved ones during deployment but may need support to move forward.
This half hour webinar will explore the following:
• The seven stages of the emotional cycle of deployment
• Technology tools to stay connected before, during and after a deployment
• Online resources to support military families
No prior registration is necessary. Just visit https://connect.msu.edu/mentoring at the time of the web conference. Enter the "room" as a guest and type in your name. The web conference will be recorded. The recording will be available at the same link approximately 24 hours after the live event. This presentation is the second in the Technology and Military Family Programs Series. To learn more about the Military Family Learning Network, please visit: http://www.extension.org/militaryfamilies
• Molly Frendo: Michigan State University Extension, Associate Program Leader
Ms. Frendo works in the areas of volunteer development, educational technology, and youth mentoring for Michigan 4-H Youth Development. She has a Master’s degree in American Culture Studies from Bowling Green State University and is completing a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology Educational Technology from Michigan State University.
• Kendra Moyses: Michigan State University Extension, Associate Program Leader
Ms. Moyses works in the areas of early childhood and youth development with special focus on developing life skills and working with military families for Michigan 4-H Youth Development. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education from Ferris State University and a Master’s degree in Administration and Leadership from Central Michigan University.
Selected Articles and Resources:
• New Emotional Cycles of Deployment: http://deploymenthealthlibrary.fhp.osd.mil/Product/RetrieveFile?prodId=241
• The Emotional Cycle of Deployment: A Military Family Perspective: http://www.military.com/spouse/military-deployment/dealing-with-deployment/emotional-cycle-of-deployment-military-family.html
• Technology and the Homefront: Keeping Military Families Connected in the Facebook Age: http://www.care.com/child-care-technology-and-the-homefront-keeping-military-families-connected-in-the-facebook-age-p1017-q5533347.html
Kendra Moyses, Molly Frendo
Created by Molly Frendo